When Chi-Boy is No Longer a Boy...

I'm not sure about other animals, but incest runs in cats. Even though I've been keeping cats and witnessing them having a family of their own for almost two decades, I still find it one disturbing fact. Not to mention disgusting. But then, that's the way nature intends it to be...

Photo: Mischief and Lucky on reproduction mode.

How long has it been since Lucky gave birth to Chi-Boy (as he's fondly known)? I can't recall, but it was sure a long time ago. About three years, perhaps. Chi-Boy has grown into an adult tomcat; Lucky has aged gracefully... and yes, they have begun to see each other from a different perspective, no longer from the lens of mother-son relationship.


Video: Lucky feeling mushy. This behaviour is normal after mating; the female usually grooms herself, as well as tosses and turns around like this.

As much as how unbearable it appears to me, on a happier note, I'm looking forward to Lucky having new kittens. She has moved on, apparently, from the sad episode of the loss of her previous babies. Anticipating the colours and patterns of the newborns is nice also, although there's not much I can expect. Chi-Boy is blatantly as black as midnight. Lucky's natural colour was black, but due to too much sunbathing, her coat has turned to dark brown. So, why the need to wild-guess their offspring?

But the other day I caught Lucky flirting with a cream coat with moccha-coloured stripes male cat in the neighbourhood. With female cats giving birth to four to six kittens in average, hopefully there won't be a difficulty to distinguish all of them. We'll just have to wait and see...

0 ANGEL WINGS: