An Unexpected 'Package' from Above

I'd been hearing it for days and nights. A kitten's meow. Primarily I thought it was somebody's baby cat demanding for food from its owner. As days went by, I was almost sure that the kitten was abandoned. I couldn't be more precise when this morning, the wandering kitten stood at the frontyard of my house! I had made a vow to myself earlier that I'd take care of that homeless creature, as I felt the kitten needed a home and an owner. Lucky is expecting; Salem (Lucky's mother; Chi-Boy's grandmother) is also pregnant. So, I thought, one more kitten wouldn't hurt.

This kitten was startled by my excitement, afraid, and ran out of the gate. I gave chase, but only to find out that it got away by hiding under a car. Disappointed, I just let it be. Turned out that the chase was the first, but not the last. The kitten made a constant noise again at night in the neighbourhood.

To cut a long story short (you wouldn't want to know; I even brought out a laundry basket outside!), I caught her by my hands. The baby cat struggled in my embrace. From the genitals, I could tell it was female. At home, I gave her a bowl of milk. She drank greedily, but in a small amount. I made her a scrambled egg mixed with cheddar cheese, but she wouldn't eat. That was weird! What cat would resist egg with cheese?

She was smelly, one thing for sure. No lice; which is a good thing, since she had been roaming around beside the drains, under the cars, and only-God-knows-where. The fur is longer than any cats I've ever had before. Maybe the mother or father was Persian.

Photo: Who ever abandoned this darling?

I assume the kitten is in the region of one to three months. Being a small cat, she hasn't been exposed to many hardships and danger, and she's responding positively to fondles and cuddles. By the time I'm writing this entry, Madeleine is sleeping in the blue cat cage.

Madeleine... as an honour to my favourite Lebanese singer, the stunningly beautiful Madeleine Mattar.

Photo: As the Arabs say, hiya jamiilah jiddan jiddan (she's very, very beautiful)! [http://www.madeleinematter.com/]

[Note: This wonderful 'package' came on Tuesday, 3rd of August 2006.]

0 ANGEL WINGS: